Six Steps To Social Media Success
Social media success really is not an option anymore. When done right it means free and targeted advertisement for you and your business. The key to social media success is providing an incredible amount of presence and value to generate traffic that will continue to increase over time.
1. Your personal brand – Think about what area of expertise you want to be known for, not just now but for years to come. Don’t get stuck on this step, if you don’t know yet move on it will come to you. Think about what you enjoy most about being in business for yourself, what would you like to teach others?
2. Blogging – Your blog will be your central hub for all your social media activities. Keep your blog content within the brand you have decided on. The first thing you need to do is make sure you have a good domain name. This is more important then people think because it is what you will be known for, for years to come. For more info on choosing a good domain name Picking The Right Domain Name Is That Important.
Keep your blog content of value to others and not about your company or you will diminish your traffic. For tips on blogging success Four Small Tips To Increase Blog Success.
3. Build a following on social media sites – Make sure you are on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and maybe LinkedIn. Spend a couple of hours a day building a following. One thing I have learned over the last couple of years is quality of followers is much more important then quantity. Social sites are not a place for pitching and promoting it is a place for connecting and the main goal is getting traffic back to your blog. If you become known as a spammer your going to hurt your brand for an extended period of time, I learned this the hard way. For more on twitter – Twitter Marketing and Facebook - Famous In 60 Days.
4. Syndication – You want to leverage the power of your followers through syndication. Getting your followers to share with others your content. The best way to do this is start doing this for others. Start commenting on others blogs and tweeting and sharing their content. Some of them, not all, will do the same back. If they don’t they are just hurting there self because they will become known very quickly as someone who isn’t into socializing. Best Methods For Driving Traffic To Your Site
5. Grow and take care of your list – Really the whole point of a blog is to build your list. Again I talk about how to grow it here Four Small Tips To Increase Blog Success. As you are growing your list you want to take care of them. The more you email your list your content the more you build a relationship with them. Watch emailing them about your company all the time, this is a good way to start dropping people from your list. Keep these emails pretty consistent. The ones who are responsive to it will stay.
6. Multiple Streams Of Income – The people on your list that will actually join your primary company is very small. If you don’t want to monetize the rest of your list then your efforts are pretty much for nothing and you should just stick with offline marketing, and there’s nothing wrong with that. When you offer other things to your list make sure it is of real quality and can truly help them with their business building. Make sure you trust in what you are offering and they are from quality resources and not some of the smaller copy cat things going on in the industry. Over time you can build and start to offer your own products if you want. As you become trust worthy more of them will want to join you in your efforts.
The things that will hurt you.
Understand this a time consuming process and not being consistent everyday will make it take even longer. Don’t expect results over night and don’t get discouraged just keep doing it, it will come with consistency.
Don’t spend all day with online marketing or your primary company efforts will suffer. Make sure you are integrating online and offline marketing together. For more on this Integrating Online And Offline Marketing For Business Growth.
Keep your focus and your mind in the right place. Stay motivated, there is a video I watch everyday to help with this. Read this post You Are Meant To Shine.
And the last thing, if you really want to speed this whole process up tremendously get into a platform meant for this. Your MLM Training